A registered professional nurse with expertise in clinical areas, supervision and coordination of all activities of Patient Services and other selected department activities. Works with all age groups.
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in West Virginia. At least 3 years experience in a supervisor role, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
3. Completion of coronary care course and ACLS
4. Ability to make rounds throughout hospital, respond appropriate to life threatening situations, withstand stress and long hours. Assist with lifting of patients in all age groups. Visual acuity is essential for the evaluation and assessment of patients.
5. Enhance knowledge of budgetary issues, changes in health care, community, state and federal
mandates that pertain to pt. care issues by attendance at required inservices and educational
Demonstrates excellent customer services to both internal and external customers, through positive communications, cooperation, professional behavior and displaying by actions that customer satisfaction is the primary goal of this institution.
Adapts to constantly changing healthcare environment by recognizing opportunities for improvement and embracing change to bring about improvements. Exercises independent thinking, judgement, and decision making and accepts accountability for decisions and consequences.
Complies with all policies, procedures, and related protocols as established by the department and or the organization.
Coordinates off-shift activities with Patient Care Supervisors in order to address goals and Objectives.
Makes Administrative decisions in the absence of administrators and in accordance with Hospital and Nursing Department.
Communicates, as appropriate, in order to address issues and coordinate activities such as employee action, incidents and accidents, policies, education of staff, implementation of new services, and sharing of pertinent concerns.
Maintains staffing that address department and units goals.
Participates in conflict resolution and employee counseling by compliance with grievance
process as appropriate.
Establishes a mechanism, in concert with involved persons, to keep others informed of
Assesses and coordinates internal and external disaster situations. Follows disaster plan.
Works within framework of institutional policies, as well as collective bargaining agreements in order to address issues that impact the patient and all internal and external customers.
Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal compliance with the National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people in this position. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All requirements are subject to possible modification.
Fairmont General Hospital - 30+ days ago