Person Centered Care Summary:
The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents¿ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first.
Through daily interactions, the Continuing Care team develops firsthand knowledge about the residents¿ values, needs, preferences, and life history. Members of the Continuing Care team provide hospitable care and services to the residents, treating them as individuals with strengths and gifts and actively listening to their voice in what care and services we provide.
Cleaning resident apartments as requested and scheduled through the work order system and assist with common area housekeeping.
- Clean all bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, lavatories and fixtures in apartment and common areas.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and mop tile floors.
- Spot clean walls and windows.
- Dust furniture and empty trashcans.
- Clean baseboards, pictures, lights, and HVAC vents.
- Honor any additional housekeeping request made by the residents during the allotted time.
- Assist with picking up trash four (4) times a week.
- Assist with activity room set-ups, will require movement of furniture.
- Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well being of the resident.
- Perform any additional housekeeping tasks as necessary.
- Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
General knowledge of housekeeping. Ability to use all required equipment. Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and must be able to motivate staff. Ability to operate all required equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Housekeeping experience preferred. Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver¿s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Ability to stand on one¿s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push/pull a housekeeping cart, mop and bucket, vacuum, use of floor equipment, climbing ladder to 6/8 feet.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender/ sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Erickson Living - 20 months ago
History and Vision of The Company
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of senior living...