Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Housekeeper I to join our Operations team.
Housekeeping position covering multiple locations and responsible for keeping agency facilities clean and in orderly condition by performing the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule includes working the following holidays: New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4 th of July, and Labor Day.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Cleans carpets.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Performs carpet shampooing.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Material and equipment directly used includes: agency vehicle, cleaning carts, laundry carts, vacuum cleaner, floor polisher, and carpet shampoo equipment.
- Maintains cleaning supply inventory.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
Is consistently at work and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), a minimum of six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
LA NGUAGE SKILLS
- Valid Colorado Driver's License required. Required to submit Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire.
- Must maintain acceptable driving record (as determined by management) for position. Failure to do so may result in termination of employment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to use of equipment or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 2 years ago