The Housekeeper performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. To fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas and any other area that may need attention.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom fixtures and showers.
- Replenishes paper and plastic products.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Hangs draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
- Sets-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
- Pushes/pulls cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
- Operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner.
- Maintains equipment and wears protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
- May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises.
- Education: High School graduate or G.E.D. preferred.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of housekeeping experience in a hospital, hotel or healthcare setting.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 15 months ago