This is a seasonal position; May-September.
Housekeepers are responsible for the daily cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and cabins, and public and common employee areas, and working in the laundry department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs any combination of the following duties:
• Collect, sort, clean, fold, and store laundry. Operate washing and drying equipment and maintain laundry room in a clean and orderly fashion
• Replenish supplies to guest rooms
• Change sheets and make beds
• Clean all showers, toilets, sinks, and floors
• Vacuum carpets and sweep and mop non-carpeted areas
• Empty trash
• Work cooperatively with the Font Desk staff to respond to guest requests and deliver items to guest rooms. When rollaway beds are requested, it is the responsibility of Housekeeping to move the beds in and out of the rooms
• Clean public areas including lobby, restrooms, hallways, and offices
• Deep clean guest rooms when assigned during slow periods
• Move furniture and hang drapes/blinds. Clean public areas including lobby, dining rooms, library, all restrooms, hallways, and offices.
• Clean employee showers and restrooms daily and employee dining room, and vacated employee housing units as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Positive attitude
• Desire to work cooperatively in a team concept environment
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent customer care skills including greeting guests with a smile
• Minimum age 18 years
• Previous housekeeping experience preferred by not necessary
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening tests
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The individual will be working with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will need stamina and the ability to bend, twist, reach, climb stairs, and lift (1 – 50 lbs) on a regular basis. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 21 months ago