17.5-20 hours a week, every other weekend, hours are 2:30pm to 9:30pm
please send resume to candy milnick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Extendicare Health Services, Inc. ( EHSI)
Revisions Reviewed By:
Cleans and services an assigned portion of the facility, including furniture, floors, and equipment. Maintains the assigned area to ensure it is clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive at all times. Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
No direct reports.
1. *Assembles necessary cleaning supplies and equipment on housekeeping cart for transportation to designated area. Replenishes as needed.
2. *Gathers and disposes of trash. Washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers: relines with plastic liners. Ensures plastic liners are in containers at all times.
3. *Dusts furniture, light fixtures, lamps, and window ledges. Uses furniture polish when necessary. Moves furniture as necessary to clean.
4. *Vacuums and wet mops floors. Polishes floors using buffing machine. Strips off old wax from floors and applies new wax as assigned.
5. *Cleans walls, ceilings, windows, stairwells, and hallways as necessary.
6. *Cleans and polishes metal fixtures. Cleans lighting fixtures, replaces light bulbs, cleans tops of windows, doorframes, and other high places using a stepladder if necessary.
7. *Cleans and polishes bathroom sinks, tubs, mirrors, toilets, walls, and floors. Replaces toilet tissue, paper towels, and liquid soap. Disinfects areas by scrubbing or spraying.
8. *Hangs draperies, privacy curtains, venetian blinds and window shades as necessary.
9. *Keeps utility rooms and housekeeping closets in good order. At end of shift returns housekeeping carts to utility room leaving equipment clean and in an orderly fashion.
10. *Cleans and stores materials and equipment safely and properly.
11. Writes a work order for any needed repairs to area or equipment.
12. Completes forms or reports as directed by Housekeeping Supervisor.
13. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Extendicare Health Services, Inc.’s Corporate Compliance Program.
14. *Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement ( “PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
15. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
16. *Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
17. Follows facility dress and hygiene policies.
19. Resident Rights
- Knows and follows facility rules.
- *Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Follows facility smoking policies.
- Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
- *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
- *Uses required protective equipment.
- Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
- Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
- Reports resident complaints to management.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
- Follows and adheres to Extendicare’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
- Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. ( Applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
- Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
- *Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
- *Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior experience working in a long-term care facility a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Numerical ability to measure ingredients and learn dilution ratios. Ability to operate floor scrubbing and polishing machines. Ability to use a step ladder. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting ( up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk ( *) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Company. The Company retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Extendicare - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard