It is the primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Floor Manager to oversee and ensure the smooth operation of assigned housekeeping areas. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Riviera policies, practices, and procedures.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises assigned floors and ensures all rooms are cleaned to Riviera hotel standards.
• Creates a good work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction and properly utilizes performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Supervises Housekeeping employees to ensure they are alert to all their duties and adhere to the Riviera Hotel Housekeeping standards policies and procedures.
• Randomly inspects twenty-eight (28) rooms cleaned by Guest Room Attendants daily, to ensure that appropriate service levels are met, as mandated by management. Inspections are performed on a daily basis to ensure Guest Room Attendants (GRAs) are conforming to the sanitation requirements of health laws and standards set by the Company.
• Inspects twelve (12) rooms in written form daily (six (6) occupied, six (6) checkouts), to ensure that service levels are in accordance with Riviera’s quality standards.
• Maintains records including repairs needed, lost and found items, and quality of work completed by employees.
• Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
• Instructs employees and new hires on the products used for cleaning in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) chemical
• Right to Know standards.
• Inspects guest rooms completely and thoroughly for cleanliness.
• Submits required number of hallway evaluations to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Monitors the time clock when clocking employees in and out.
• Calls-in/enters status of all rooms, work orders, and carpets to be shampooed.
• Utilizes proper procedures for entering/cleaning a guest room.
• Resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Completes daily worksheets accurately and in a timely manner.
Issues and retrieves all master keys, beepers, and two-way radios at the beginning and end of each shift.
It may not be the south of France, but gamblers at the more than 50-year-old Riviera Holdings' Riviera Hotel & Casino probably don't care....