The Residence Inn by Marriott located in Needham, MA, opening mid-summer 2013 requires a hands on dynamic Housekeeping Manager with a strong operational background. This person will be responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel with an emphasis on associate and guest relations, development of people, financial results and quality assurance. We offer a great career opportunity with excellent growth potential. |
- We are looking for self-starters with a proven track record of quality customer service, a basic understanding of P & L statements and cost/inventory control.
- This position is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction and effectiveness and efficiencies.
- The Housekeeping Managers primary responsibility will be to ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing the Housekeeping department.
- This position requires the performance of technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (Profit and Loss statements, yield management, capital planning, payroll, etc. ), monitoring department checkbooks, ordering inventory, and conducting associate reviews.
- Regular ongoing monitoring of staff to ensure the adherence to pre-established policies and procedures; delegation of duties; property inspections; and willingness and ability to engage in effective communication with management, peers, and associates.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- The ability to lead by example to build morale and spirit.
- Communicate goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Uses a hands-on approach to management and holds team members accountable.
- Finds ways to cut problems and improve the guest experience.
* Must be ServeSafe and TIPS certified within 60 days of employment.
* Employee 401K with match after one year
* Health and Dental Insurance
* Paid Vacation
* Flexible Spending Account
- Fosse knowledge strongly encouraged
- Highly motivated individual with strong leadership skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong customer service orientation and skills
* Must be self motivated and results oriented.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Experience making presentations in front of groups
Colwen Hotels provides full-service solutions customized to match each of our clients’ unique brands. We never assume one...