EGW is currently seeking a Full Time Housekeeping Manager for its Arcade area client.
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall
operation of the housekeeping department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards
and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all
times. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate
cleaning of all offices, guest rooms, washrooms, and all public spaces.
• Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest
• Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff.
• Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
• Conduct inspections of all rooms prior to guest check-in.
• Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
• Maintain the housekeeping budget.
• Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
• Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of
upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair
and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
• Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation,
coaching and development.
• The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and
• Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
• Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees.
• Ability to maintain a budget
• Proven excellence in customer service.
• Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills
• Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management,
guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
• Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets,
• Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Formal Training:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in all aspects of Housekeeping in a large, multi-use
facility required, with at least 1 year of supervisory experience.