Provides cleaning services such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing walls, windows and mirrors, etc in designated areas of the hotel. When assigned to guestrooms, replaces linens, replenishes amenities and makes up the beds. May gather rubbish and/or contaminated materials for disposal. Assigned areas of the hotel may include guestrooms, hallways, lobby, stairwells and offices.
- Greets guests, responds to special requests. Maintains privacy and security by properly announcing entry and servicing guestrooms as appropriate.
- Cleans guestrooms to the level of standards set by the Resort, including stripping of soiled items and trash, bed making, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting and placing amenities and supplies.
- Properly uses and maintains assigned equipment and supplies to departmental specifications, including carts, vacuums, chemicals and cleaning aides.
- Observes status and maintains common areas, including floor closets, stairwells, halls, lobby areas and elevators.
- Properly maintains the daily log, including accounting for completed tasks, tracking issued keys and reviewing the communications log and file on a routine basis.
- Properly handles lost and found items in accordance with department policies and security procedures.
- Responds to guest concerns, complaints or suggestions appropriately, refers them to management in support of providing superior customer service.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may require to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Provides constructive input to improve processes within the department.
- Maintains confidential information that is received in verbal, written, and electronic media. Limits access to information on a job-related, need-to-know basis.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- 1 year experience in a hotel/motel environment strongly preferred.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and customer relations skills.
- Able to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to obtain a Class I Gaming License.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times (specific standards available).
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job