Housekeeping II will be assisting with maintaining an overall, immaculate appearance of all historic structures and surrounding guest facilities including restrooms and other public spaces. Duties will consist of vacuuming; stripping and refinishing wood; and general care and cleaning of guest areas, items in the collections, and exhibition spaces. Staff will also perform other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Supervisor from time to time.
· High school diploma (or GED). Relevant training or certifications in commercial cleaning or a related field preferred.
· At least one (1) year of related experience in a janitorial, custodial, or commercial cleaning field. The ideal candidate will have had similar experience working in a historic building or setting.
· Working knowledge of modern cleaning methods and equipment. The preferred candidate will have general knowledge of restoration, conservation and preservation methods and practices.
· Experience working with commercial cleaning solutions and chemicals and knowledgeable about the safe application. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets (MSDS).
· Demonstrated commitment to quality and providing world class service.
· Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
· Willingness to follow oral/written instructions; establish and maintain working relationship with supervisors and co-workers.
· Ability to act/re-act to emergency situations calmly. An independent thinker with ability to solve problems – self-motivated .
· Team player and with a willingness to pitch in and help out wherever needed. The ideal candidate will proactively anticipate and troubleshoot issues.
· Valid driver’s license and must be at least 19 years of age.
· Manual dexterity and ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate/heavy physical strength.
· Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Must be able to stoop, bend, reach overhead, kneel, and reach underneath and below.
· Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders as needed.
· Ability to work exposed to dust, dirt and noxious odors. Should also be able to work indoors and outside with changes in temperature and environmental conditions.
Biltmore - 11 months ago
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...