Housekeeping II will be assisting with maintaining an overall, immaculate appearance of all historic structures and surrounding guest facilities including restrooms and other public spaces. Duties will consist of vacuuming; stripping and refinishing wood; and general care and cleaning of guest areas, items in the collections, and exhibition spaces. Staff will also perform other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Supervisor from time to time.
· High school diploma (or GED). Relevant training or certifications in commercial cleaning or a related field preferred.
· At least one (1) year of related experience in a janitorial, custodial, or commercial cleaning field. The ideal candidate will have had similar experience working in a historic building or setting.
· Working knowledge of modern cleaning methods and equipment. The preferred candidate will have general knowledge of restoration, conservation and preservation methods and practices.
· Experience working with commercial cleaning solutions and chemicals and knowledgeable about the safe application. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets (MSDS).
· Demonstrated commitment to quality and providing world class service.
· Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
· Willingness to follow oral/written instructions; establish and maintain working relationship with supervisors and co-workers.
· Ability to act/re-act to emergency situations calmly. An independent thinker with ability to solve problems – self-motivated .
· Team player and with a willingness to pitch in and help out wherever needed. The ideal candidate will proactively anticipate and troubleshoot issues.
· Valid driver’s license and must be at least 19 years of age.
· Manual dexterity and ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate/heavy physical strength.
· Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Must be able to stoop, bend, reach overhead, kneel, and reach underneath and below.
· Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders as needed.
· Ability to work exposed to dust, dirt and noxious odors. Should also be able to work indoors and outside with changes in temperature and environmental conditions.
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...