Supervise housekeeping staff ensuring brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards are met.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Front Office Manager – Assistant General Manager – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Screen job applicants, and hire new employees (in the event housekeeping associates are HHM employees.)
- Train staff to clean rooms in an efficient manner according to established standards or partner with external vendor to ensure staff is trained properly.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Issue cleaning supplies and equipment to associates.
- On occasion, clean rooms or assist staff with cleaning rooms.
- Address associate performance and behavior concerns by either direct intervention with HHM associates or through vendor.
- Supervise laundry employees, if applicable.
- Prepare work schedules for HHM associates or provide vendor with anticipated occupancy to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Assist in the breakfast area as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience or equivalent training required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching,kneeling, bending.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 13 months ago