Hospitality industry experience overseeing a staff of 15 or more. Considerable knowledge of housekeeping policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, and bookkeeping procedures. Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines. Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests. Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others. Ability to work day shift, weekdays, weekends and holidays; typical days off are 2 weekdays.
What are the essential functions?
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- Assist Manager to select, train, supervise, schedule, develop, discipline, and counsel associates in the housekeeping Department.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of the property and submit recommendations: repairs, painting, furnishing.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in managing the Housekeeping Department.
- Competently perform departmental shift opening and closing duties.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to all customers
- Provide excellent and regular communication with staff and other departments.
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Walking approximately 3 miles on tile, cement and carpeted surfaces.
- Crouching: Constantly. If cleaning guest rooms, lifting supplies and cleaning windows, Kitchen, Front Office, throughout the hotel.
- Kneeling/crawling: Constantly. Completing my job throughout the hotel, if cleaning guest rooms, under beds, while cleaning bathrooms, if getting supplies, working in the kitchen, around the front office.
- Stooping: Constantly. Throughout the hotel in all aspects of keeping the hotel clean and up to standards - if cleaning guest rooms, kitchen, open spaces, lifting supplies and cleaning windows.
- Twisting: Constantly. Throughout the hotel.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. When cleaning high places reaching for supplies needed to perform my job.
- Handling / Grasping: Constantly. Handling cleaning supplies and equipment and documents.
- Fingering/ feeling: Constantly.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60 lbs frequently, Maximum weight 100 lbs frequently
- Lifting/carrying: Average weight 10 lbs occasionally, Maximum weight 20 lbs occasionally
RLHC is a hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under...