SUMMARY STATEMENT & PURPOSE
Under the general direction of the Housekeeping Manager, the Housekeeping Supervisor oversees the day to day work activities of Housekeeping personnel to ensure the facility and rooms are clean and orderly. Assigns duties, inspects work, and investigates complaints regarding housekeeping services and equipment and takes corrective action. May purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals. All employees are expected to be pleasant, respectful and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and visitors of the Institute, as well as being a positive representative of the hospital at all times
- Three years previous housekeeping/janitorial experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to use organizational skills, prioritizing, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work in environment with frequent interruptions
PREFERRED QUALIFI CATIONS
- One year previous housekeeping leadership experience
SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES - All functions are essential functions unless otherwise noted.
1) Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff
2) Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action
3) Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
4) Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments
5) Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness
6) Forecasts department personnel needs
7) Supervises the activities of assigned staff. With the Housekeeping Manager, takes corrective and/or disciplinary action when necessary.
8) Provides effective recommendations for employee performance including evaluations, goal setting and continual performance development.
9) Ensures staff receive adequate orientation and ongoing training on performance expectations, policies, work procedures, maintenance of equipment and customer service.
10) Understands and responds to cultural competencies as they apply to the workforce.
11) With manager, screens job applicants, performs interviews, provides recommendations for hires
12) Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports
13) Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints
14) Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies
15) Performs cleaning and project duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage
St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute - 10 months ago
St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. As the largest provider of...