- Supervise Housekeeping staff, providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling, performance feedback in order to ensure productivity and efficiency in service delivery, as well as positive moral amongst the team
- Inspect the cleaning of guest rooms, public areas, turndown and heart of the house, to include VIP rooms
- Issue work assignments to staff ensuring a smooth flow of housekeeping operations, taking account special request, deep cleaning area, areas of concentration
- Issue supplies to staff, controlling inventory and expenses
- Respond to guest requests, ensuring guest satisfaction, and maintaining standards of service
- Log lost & found items to maintain control
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests; please refer to Section 7.0 in the Associate Handbook for specific examples.
- Maintains strong influence within all hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline and/or termination decisions.
- Responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints made per the existing harassment policy.
- Previous housekeeping and/or supervisory experience preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, and in writing, effectively with guests and coworkers;respond to guest requests
- No special licenses or certificates required
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to multitask and handle stress under pressure, during busy periods
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Majority of duties performed indoors. Noise level moderate.
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...