Department: HGH Housekeeping
Schedule: services as needed
Req Number: 11361
- 1 year of experience relevant to job function
- SUMMARY: Under close supervision, to perform a variety of housekeeping duties in a hospital or institution in accordance with standard infection control procedures; to keep an assigned area clean and orderly; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Maintains an assigned area in a clean and orderly condition; sweeps, mops, dusts, and arranges furniture; vacuums rugs and/or buffs floors using industrial or domestic type vacuum cleaners and buffers.
2. Makes beds and collects soiled linen; places clean linen in rooms; empties trash into containers to be picked up; washes beds in check-out units and others on a routine basis.
3. Cleans, disinfects, mops, and maintains bathrooms in a clean and sanitary condition; keeps soap, toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers stocked; requisitions cleaning and rest room supplies.
4. Cleans isolation rooms, gurneys and examining tables following special cleaning procedures.
5. Collects trash and moves garbage cans from kitchen areas to pick-up stations; returns emptied cans to their proper locations.
6. Sets up beds and tables in ward area as directed; sets up and cleans meeting rooms; moves furniture and may use a platform truck, dolly, or desk mover.
7. Cleans walls, windows, blinds and shades; changes cubicle curtains and draperies.
8. May intermittently perform routine duties usually assigned to Hospital Maintenance Porters (e.g. stripping floors using various electrical and mechanical cleaning equipment).
9. May operate incinerators and trash compactor on permanent or rotating assignment.
10. Keeps records of work accomplished; gives simple oral/written reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The equivalent of six months full-time cleaning experience in hospitals or commercial buildings.
Alameda County Medical Center - 9 months ago