1 - High School diploma or equivalent.
- Assembles necessary cleaning supplies and equipment to transport to assigned work area.
- Properly and efficiently dust and damp mop floors and vacuums carpet and runners.
- Properly and efficiently polished floors via buffing machine.
- Washes walls, ceilings, wastebaskets, large refuse containers and windows by hand using the appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Moves furniture in order for it to be completely cleaned.
- Collects and disposes trash.
- Collects and disposes regular and infectious waste.
- Removes, packs and weighs medical waste.
- Cleans lighting fixtures, tops of windows, doorframes and other hard to reach areas.
- Turns, changes and cleans mattresses and bed frames.
- Cleans stairs as needed.
- Cleans patio and compactor area as needed.
- Hang draperies, Venetian blinds, cubicle curtains and shades.
- May perform minor repairs when appropriate.
- Washes sinks, bathtubs, shower stalls, water fountains and other plumbing fixtures.
- Replaces disposables such as paper towels, soap, and toilet paper and plastic cups.
- Collects soiled linen/clothing and transports them to laundry.
- Cleans and prepares resident room for new admission.
- Cleans elevator tracks, walls, ceiling panels and floor.
- Covers laundry assignment as needed.
- Properly and efficiently cleans resident dining rooms.
- Distributes clean linen to resident units.
- Disinfects areas by appropriate means.
- Ability to use housekeeping cleaning hand tools and supplies, ladders, floor cleaning and polishing machines, wet and dry vacuums, wall washing tools, hand trucks, utility carts and dollies.
- Performs other related duties commensurate with education, training and experience.
High School diploma or equivalent
1-2 years Hospital /Nursing Home experience preferred.
Beth Abraham Family of Health Services - 22 months ago