As a Housekeeping worker you will maintain clean, sanitary and orderly condition to the assigned exterior/ interior areas of the Medical Center.
- Maintains interior and exterior assigned areas in Medical Center (i.e., offices, laboratories, bathrooms, public areas, courtyard, etc.) in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition.
- Scours and polishes sinks, showers, bathtubs, tiles and other bathroom equipment.
- Sweeps and mops areas, and periodically waxes and buffs floors.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, windowsills, mirrors, pictures, ceilings, doorframes, wall vents, etc. Polishes furniture and other equipment.
- Washes mattresses, beds, and examining tables and makes beds after discharge.
- Empties trash baskets and other disposals.
- Refills soap and paper goods dispensers, as required.
- Operates floor maintenance equipment, e.g., floor buffing machines, wet vacuums, etc.
- Strips and refinishes floors.
- Moves patient beds and furniture within patient rooms and on the same floor.
- May assist in transporting heavy items within the Medical Center
Schedule Availibility: will need someone that can work part time hours including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Prior cleaning experience, preferred.
- Ability to use and/or operate common housekeeping devices such as brooms, mops, waxers, scouring pads, dust rags, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 2 years ago - save job