About Shorebreak Hotel
Shorebreak Hotel® is an upscale lifestyle boutique hotel, centrally located along the alluring Southern California coastline in the original Surf City USA. As the only downtown hotel just steps from Main Street and the iconic Huntington Beach Pier, Shorebreak is situated at The Strand in the heart of shopping, dining, entertainment, and crashing ocean waves. With 157 guestrooms, 8,000 sq feet of total meeting space, and award winning Zimzala Restaurant and Bar, Shorebreak showcases one of the best of JDV’s Collection in the company.
In October of last year, Thompson Hotels and Joie de Vivre Hospitality merged to create the newly launched Commune Hotels and Resorts. Led by John Pritzker, Jason Pomeranc and Niki Leondakis, Commune has poised itself to the largest boutique hotel company comprised of multiple brands. Currently, in the midst of ambitious national expansion, Commune plans to add 20 more properties by 2015 through management agreements, joint ventures and acquisitions.
Job Overview: Performs general clean up tasks, maintains guest rooms, public areas and hotel in general. Responsible for collecting and distributing linens as well as fulfilling any guest requests for additional supplies such as towels, linens, etc.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Prior guest relations training.
Knowledge of proper equipment usage and repair.
High School graduate or equivalent vocational training
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas such as reaching, extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Ability to grasp, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and lift and/or carry or otherwise move
- materials weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull a vacuum and wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
Essential Job Functions:
a) cleaning supplies
- Bring down dirty linens as well as stock clean linen in proper locations keeping track of inventories for the day, etc.
- Clean public areas, office space for front desk, reservations/sales, and GM, as well as maintain the outside walkway,
- and clean other areas as assigned.
- Push and pull a vacuum throughout designated areas of the property.
- Take out garbage for pick up service as well as monitor and control a comprehensive hotel recycling program.
- Maintain and clean all public restrooms and meeting space using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning
- agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Deliver/Pick up any rollaway beds or cribs to and from the guest rooms.
- Provide additional support to the room attendants as it pertains to:
c) towels and linens
a) chair set-up/breakdown
- Provide both set-up/break-down service of meeting space to include:
b) table set-up/break-down
c) break set-up/break-down
d) water station set-up/breakdown and replenishment
- Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide back-up support to bell desk when necessary.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 20 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...