Position Overview: Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assist room attendants in order to maintain Union Station's high standards of quality
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Required Experience:Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to Room Attendants
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, balconies, and foyers
- Make sure all baseboards, moldings, entrance doors are kept free from dust and dirt at all times
- Clean all ash urns. Clean ice machines
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor
- Notify supervisor of any conspicuous people or problems such as missing room items, damage, pets, engineering problems, etc.
- Respond to guest requests and/or notify Supervisor of such
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests.
Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and Houseperson maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
- No special licenses or certificates required
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Ability to communicate with guests.
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, twist and turn
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Majority of duties performed indoors. Noise level moderate.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Turnberry Associates - 23 months ago
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...