Company: Hacienda Community Development Corporation
Program/Department: Homeownership Support Program
Supervisor: Carlos Garcia
Status: Full Time /Non-Exempt
Compensation: $17 – $19 hr. DOE
The Housing Counselor is responsible for assisting in the coordination of all facets of Homeownership Support Program including Pre-Mediation Counseling Services.
1. Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a one-on-one counseling for homeowners seeking assistance in helping to maintain their home and/or transition out. Counselor will provide information and education to clients about foreclosure timeline, home retention and home liquidation options, pre-mediation counseling and other programs available to struggling homeowners.
- Provide budget and credit counseling; discuss possible debt restructuring and affordability analysis for every client. Calculate household budget and housing ratio and explain affordability components to clients.
- Create individual action plans and providing ongoing support to help participating households succeed.
- Coordinate referrals, follow-up, and inter-agency relations related to the foreclosure prevention and mediation services.
- Maintain comprehensive and confidential client records and statistics in data-base in accordance with HUD and OHCS requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct workshops related to the mediation process, default and foreclosure prevention and other Hacienda’s sponsored group education efforts.
- Support with outreach activities including but not limited to community fairs, neighborhood associations and presentations to partner organizations.
- Foster and maintain close partnerships with other offices and organizations active in the foreclosure crisis, including attorneys, other housing agencies and local social service agencies
- Provide language‐appropriate counseling and translation as needed
- Develop and maintain testimonials of program participants.
2. Skills and Educational Requirements - Minimum qualifications include:
- Assist homeowner with preparing a financial worksheet to develop a workout solution to present to Servicer.
- Assist homeowner with uploading required documentation into Mediation Service Provider database prior to scheduled mediation session.
- Complete and upload the Counselor Recommendation Statement in a form and manner satisfactory to Agency.
- Attend to Mediation with homeowner to answer questions related to counseling if needed.
3. Working Conditions:
- Bachelors Degree with major course work in areas such as business, real estate, finance, planning, social work and two years of related work experience in home ownership, economic development, and client counseling.
- Ability to read financial statements and familiarity with homeownership funding sources.
- Experience with project management and planning.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Other).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service in high paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with minimal supervision, be creative and resourceful, self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and able to handle confidential information appropriately as required.
- Ability to operate office equipment, especially personal computers using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and calendar/scheduling programs.
- Create and maintain manual and computerized filing and record-keeping systems.
- Individual must demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for community development and working with the Latino community and others.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some travel required. Car required. Some evening and weekend hours may be required for meetings and trainings and to meet deadlines. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will and subject to annual performance evaluations.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume as well as three (3) professional references via mail to Hacienda CDC Attention: Housing Counselor Job Posting, 5136 NE 42nd Avenue, Portland OR 97218 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is grant funding dependent, with current funding secured until June 30, 2013. Funding will be re-evaluated next year and is renewable for up to three years. Positions will be open until Nov. 21, 2012 but preference will be given to those applications turned in by 5pm on Nov 16, 2012.
Date Open: 11/13/12
BarefootStudent.com - 20 months ago