Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Housing Development Officer, the Housing Development Officer is responsible for managing a variety of supportive housing and homeless programs.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage supportive housing and services related contracts such as the Supportive Housing, the Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS and the Emergency Shelter Grant programs.
- Review and monitor program performance and budgets.
- Process payment requisitions.
- Prepare reports and the annual McKinney-Vento application.
- Assist with Continuum of Care program coordination and policy development.
- Provide technical assistance to project sponsors.
- Maintain project records.
- Provide coordination support to the Boston Continuum of Care and the Boston Regional Network to End Homelessness.
- Provide constituent services, as needed, to individuals and families seeking shelter, housing and other supportive services.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years experience in supportive housing or AIDS services.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Familiarity with HUD/CDBG/Supportive Housing regulations preferred.
- Understanding of housing issues and programs including those that serve people with AIDS and/or other disabilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of administrative procedures including program requisitions and budget oversight preferred.
- Comprehension of housing development or finance principles and practices preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills preferred.
- A valid Massachusetts driver's license and willingness to work evenings and weekends throughout the city.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Appropriate educational substitutions may be made.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/N-22
Hours Per Week: 35
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Boston Career Center site for more information on compensation. For each Salary Plan, salaries are listed by Grade and Step.
Boston Public Schools - 16 months ago