Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Housing Development Officer, the Housing Development Officer is responsible for managing a variety of supportive housing and homeless programs.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage supportive housing and services related contracts such as the Supportive Housing, the Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS and the Emergency Shelter Grant programs.
- Review and monitor program performance and budgets.
- Process payment requisitions.
- Prepare reports and the annual McKinney-Vento application.
- Assist with Continuum of Care program coordination and policy development.
- Provide technical assistance to project sponsors.
- Maintain project records.
- Provide coordination support to the Boston Continuum of Care and the Boston Regional Network to End Homelessness.
- Provide constituent services, as needed, to individuals and families seeking shelter, housing and other supportive services.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years experience in supportive housing or AIDS services.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Familiarity with HUD/CDBG/Supportive Housing regulations preferred.
- Understanding of housing issues and programs including those that serve people with AIDS and/or other disabilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of administrative procedures including program requisitions and budget oversight preferred.
- Comprehension of housing development or finance principles and practices preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills preferred.
- A valid Massachusetts driver's license and willingness to work evenings and weekends throughout the city.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Appropriate educational substitutions may be made.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/N-22
Hours Per Week: 35
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Boston Career Center site for more information on compensation. For each Salary Plan, salaries are listed by Grade and Step.