Under the general direction of the designated supervisor, review of application submittals and housing in order to access appropriateness for programs administered by Division. Review of construction plans, signs, and site plans in relation to City Land Development and Code of Ordinances. Perform community inspections on new and existing housing for program compliance purposes. Responsible for verification of compliance with programs. |
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Plan review of new and existing construction, signs, site plans.
- Assist with case review.
- Consultation with contractors and citizens via phone and in person.
- Contact with applicants, contractors, and other staff to assist with program compliance.
- Perform site inspection of new and existing housing to ensure proper program participation.
- Perform investigative research to ensure proper compliance with programs.
- Liaison between the Building and Code Enforcement Divisions as issues arise.
- Maintain assigned equipment and vehicle.
- Maintain written documentation, as required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years experience in construction or related work ; or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must hold or be able to obtain ICC Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Certification.
- Able to operate necessary equipment.
DISCLAIMER: The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that would be performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this classification.
- Tasks involve climbing and descending steps, ladders, etc.; sitting; standing; walking; kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling and performing other physical requirements commensurate with demands of position. Manual dexterity to operate necessary equipment. Must have good vision (corrective lenses acceptable); must have good hearing (hearing aids acceptable); must be able to speak (express or exchange of information by means of spoken words). Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Ability to perform work in varying and adverse weather conditions.
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of vibration, risk of electrical shock.
- May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during emergencies.
City of Fort Myers, FL - 15 months ago