Responsible and accountable for maintaining compliance at non-conventional properties in multiple states. Provide support to the property management department as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Extensive knowledge of Section 8 housing program rules and reporting requirements
· Monitor the review schedules as provided by HUD and contact property to coordinate preparation for upcoming MOR and REAC, including but not limited to file audits prior to the MOR/REAC. Notify the Compliance Director if substantial problems are found during preparation period with property.
· Complete all administrative tasks, including tracking of all 504 Accommodation Requests.
· Develop and revise forms and procedures in the Subsidy manuals as directed by the Compliance Director.
· Ensure site compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by HUD or any other regulatory agencies associated with the company or its subsidy programs.
· Proactively develop and provide training on HUD and other housing programs.
· Monitor and/or develop review schedules as provided by HUD or as required by company's internal audit standards.
· Post subsidy payments.
· Review and maintain resident files for compliance approval.
· Train new staff on Section 8 requirements.
· Review and distribute rent rolls monthly.
· Work with property staff to prepare for file audits and inspections (state agency, investor).
· Work with property staff to respond to the results of file audits and inspections (state agency, investor).
· Travel (as needed) to properties to assist with compliance needs.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Two years of progressively responsible experience in subsidized property management with knowledge of HUD programs is preferred
· Knowledge of HUD programs (Section 8, Section 236 and Section 42)
· Capability to research and plan implementation of any of the programs above or others as required by new construction or acquisition
· Able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
· Experience with Yardi software is preferred
· Strong time management skills and attention to detail
· Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
· Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
· Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - Intermediate experience with MS Office, MS Outlook, State Reporting websites and Internet Explorer.
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. - 10 months ago