HOUSING PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
Reports to: Director of Finance
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Job Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare financing applications including coordination of all materials required for applications.
- Provide support in preparing due diligence for loan closings, equity contributions, third party reports and all other materials required by banking/investor institutions.
- Manage all aspects of finance documents and records maintenance including scanning, filing (both electronically and physically), manuals and regulations.
- Assist in title & escrow process for projects.
- Coordinate corporate and partnership documents and filings.
- Interface with internal and external partners regarding project financing issues and/or information.
- Responsible for post-closing document distribution.
- Contract administration duties to include the review of finance-related contracts and invoices and facilitate their execution/authorization.
- Participate in project team meetings and record/distribute meeting minutes as needed.
- Draft correspondence and reports related to duties.
- Understand program requirements as related to financing applications.
- Provide administrative assistance to Finance department.
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
- Performs all other duties as determined and directed by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
This position's responsibilities are numerous and highly variable. The ideal candidate must be able to work productively as part of a team. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a 1 to 2 year time frame. The expectations of performance will be commiserate with experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of real estate (including escrow), finance or lending or paralegal experience. A college degree from an accredited institution is desirable but not required.
Comprehensive written and oral communication with accuracy, attention to detail and excellent “follow-through” skills are imperative as well as the ability to read and interpret documents such as legal contracts and program regulations. Knowledge of basic mathematic skills is necessary. Ability to organize, juggle multiple tasks and work at a fast pace under deadline pressure is required. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions and have excellent problem resolution abilities.
Ability to operate proficiently within the in-house computer software programs including Microsoft Word and Outlook. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus. Operate fax, copier/scanner, telephone, personal computer, and typewriter.
Ability to effectively analyze project proformas and financial records. Ability to apply advanced finance concepts to a mathematical model. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and the ability to read general accounting reports.
Ability to analyze and deliver recommendations for improvement. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may often call for major and minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to move about the office and access information using a computer and a telephone. The employee must travel by car or airplane to various locations in order to visit our properties, preview potential acquisitions, meet with associates, and attend various conferences and seminars.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee will typically be in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes vibrations or temperature changes. There will be frequent computer use at a workstation and frequent use of the telephone. The work usually requires working at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions. On occasions requiring travel, the work environment could vary - temperature fluctuations are typical when spending time outside inspecting a property. Travel by car or airplane, including multiple overnight stays on occasion, will be required.
Policies and Procedures
The employee in this position must be knowledgeable about the company’s policies and procedures as described in the company Employee Handbook.
USA Properties Fund - 19 months ago