The Housing Specialist is responsible for the management of Thresholds residential properties and/or subsidies in accordance with all current funding requirements, Fair Housing Laws, and Thresholds policy and procedure.
Manages the Thresholds residential properties, subsidized and non-subsidized, in accordance with all current funding requirements, such as but not limited to CHA-PRA, current release of the HUD 4350.3 Occupancy Handbook, Shelter Plus Care, Federal, State & City Fair Housing Laws and Thresholds policy and procedures.
Conducts and completes applicant interviews, oversees move-ins, move outs, processes annual and interim certifications, verifications, paperwork and data entry required in completing each process.
Maintains required information in Thresholds Residential software (currently ACS-HUD / MPW).
Maintains tenant files in accordance with funding requirements and department policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of residential property management or administration of federal or government subsidies.
- Strong computer skills required. Must have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including internet and email. Knowledge of or ability to learn other pertinent software products preferred. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required.
- Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred.
- Driver’s license required.
- Committed to achieving results under demanding time frames.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Displays a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
Thresholds - 8 months ago
One of the nation's largest non-profit providers of mental health services, Thresholds provides a comprehensive program of therapeutic...