Job Title: HTS Classification Analysis
Duration: 3-6 month(s)
Job Title: HTS Classification Analysis- This project for HTS Ramp China--
Duration of Assignment: 3 to 6 months
Targeted Start Date: 9/10/2012
The candidate will be responsible for HTS classification for all goods shipping into China, which could include: capital equipment, spares, chemicals, etc. The scope of this position is to primarily determine the CN and US HTS, and secondarily determine the EU, CR, MY, and VN HTS. The candidate will be supporting an extremely time-sensitive project that will involve the upgrade to a fabrication site located in China.
The candidate needs to be proficient in the HTS, GRIs, legal notes, and Explanatory Notes. The position requires a strong knowledge of Customs regulatory compliance to achieve proper HTS classification. This will apply not only to China but to the US. Knowledge of Customs regulations for understanding the regional variation of HTS classification is a must.
Note: A test will be given during the interview process to ensure candidate is proficient in HTS classification and can perform the position with minimal training.
- Research and classify parts to ensure the highest possible level of accuracy as required by US and other country Customs compliance regulations.
- Extensive understanding of Explanatory Notes, General Rules of Interpretation, vendor data, and any other relevant information necessary to support classification determinations.
- Focus of the position is strictly for HTS classification.
- Candidate must have been performing HTS classification for at least 3 years.
- Thoroughly document audit trail to substantiate the classification determination and rationale used in doing so.
- Prefer experience in the semiconductor industry supporting both capital equipment and spare parts.
- Support HTS classification for multiple countries: First - US, China, Secondary - Malaysia, Vietnam, Costa Rica, Ireland, and Malaysia.
- Candidate should not have been away from HTS classification for more than 6 months.
- Ability to interpret US and other country rulings and appropriately apply HTSs to similar products, as applicable.
- Ability to quickly adjust to priorities to meet business needs with minimal training.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing with time management and organization skills.
- Excellent on-line research skills a must.
- Strong reading and writing skills are required to comprehend very technical materials covering regulations and product/equipment information.
- Microsoft Access understanding a plus for the position
NESCO Resource - 16 months ago