A&M's Global Transaction Tax team is comprised of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction lifecycle. In conjunction with A&M’s Transaction Advisory Group, A&M’s GTT professionals provide broad based tax and accounting services to clients throughout the course of a given transaction.
The HR transaction tax practice is a specialty team within GTT, providing a broad range of human capital support to clients on both the buy and sell side of transactions. Our transaction advisors leverage both financial and technical experience in addition to operational and industry specific experience to identify and quantify issues that may impact the transaction or shape the transaction.
Typical engagements for the HR transaction tax practice include:
- Pre-acquisition human capital due diligence, with a focus on employee benefits and remuneration plans including defined benefit pensions, pre and post-retirement welfare plans, and equity compensation programs
- Review and implementation of HR cost savings and revenue enhancement solutions for corporate clients or private equity portfolio companies
- Divestiture support for non-core businesses, offshoring labor, or other restructuring changes impacting HR shared services and employment relationships
- Add-on transaction support for existing portfolio company bolt-on deals, as well as new country expansion or organization design changes.
We are seeking a Director level project manager for a dedicated HR Transaction Tax position. A strong candidate would have 5+ years of experience in HR; candidates with depth in a given area will be strongly considered; including defined benefit pensions, healthcare consulting, or executive compensation. Some level of M&A experience is a requirement; depth of experience with private equity clients will be heavily considered.
The Director will ultimately have lead responsibility to manage a transaction from inception to completion, including providing a statement of work and relevant fees to the prospective client, leading interview calls with target management and their advisors, liaising with internal experts as required, and writing and issuing a formal diligence report. The role will often involve the coordination of resources across practices within A&M, as well as with the client’s other advisor groups.
During the first year, the Director will be expected to focus on delivery of consulting services. As the role expands, it is expected that the individual will be linked into business development opportunities, aiding new client acquisition and existing client retention. The Director will have high levels of exposure to senior M&A professionals, key client contacts, and senior management of A&M. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review of data rooms, interviews with management, collection and tracking of requested information
- Analytic and financial review of the total cost of human capital
- Communication with advisory groups and ultimately the client
- Coordination of internal resources
- Draft and delivery of Human Capital diligence reports
- Track and maintain incurred time against pre-determined budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, business, accounting, or finance.
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Prior M&A experience, with particular focus on private equity clients
- Proven track record of strong project management skills; managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines without compromising quality
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written essential.
- Flexible work schedule; M&A projects often involve tight timelines
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...