A&M's Global Transaction Tax team is comprised of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction lifecycle. In conjunction with A&M’s Transaction Advisory Group, A&M’s GTT professionals provide broad based tax and accounting services to clients throughout the course of a given transaction.
The HR transaction tax practice is a specialty team within GTT, providing a broad range of human capital support to clients on both the buy and sell side of transactions. Our transaction advisors leverage both financial and technical experience in addition to operational and industry specific experience to identify and quantify issues that may impact the transaction or shape the transaction.
Typical engagements for the HR transaction tax practice include:
- Pre-acquisition human capital due diligence, with a focus on employee benefits and remuneration plans including defined benefit pensions, pre and post-retirement welfare plans, and equity compensation programs
- Review and implementation of HR cost savings and revenue enhancement solutions for corporate clients or private equity portfolio companies
- Divestiture support for non-core businesses, offshoring labor, or other restructuring changes impacting HR shared services and employment relationships
- Add-on transaction support for existing portfolio company bolt-on deals, as well as new country expansion or organization design changes.
We are seeking a project manager at the senior associate level for a dedicated HR Transaction Tax position. A strong candidate would have 3+ years of experience in one area of Human Resources. For example, consideration will be given to those with backgrounds in retirement & actuarial, healthcare, or compensation consulting. HR generalists with strong project management skills may also apply, however, preference will be given to those who have supported M&A projects in the past and/or supported Private Equity clients.
The role of the Senior Associate will be quite due to the nature of M&A work. The consultant will assist with throughout the entire spectrum of a transaction. The consultant will need to demonstrate strong project management skills, ability to juggle tasks of varied priority levels, and showcase articulate communication skills. The consultant will have high levels of interaction to other colleagues across A&M’s Global Transaction Tax and Transaction Advisory Groups, as well as private equity investment professionals, legal counsel, and executives of potential acquisition targets.
On a given average transaction, the Senior Associate may be responsible for managing the online data room, providing calculations of risk and exposure to key HR issues, liaising with other client advisors, and drafting formal diligence reports. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparing initial observations through public document reviews
- Review virtual data room and prepare subsequent request lists
- Analytic and financial review of human capital risks and deal considerations
- Coordination across other practice groups within A&M
- Input into Human Capital diligence reports
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, business, accounting, or finance.
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong analytic skills; in particular, high level of functionality with Microsoft Office products
- Prior M&A experience highly considered
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written essential.
- Flexible work schedule; M&A projects often involve tight timelines
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 7 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...