A&M's Global Transaction Tax team is comprised of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers throughout the transaction lifecycle. In conjunction with A&M’s Transaction Advisory Group, A&M’s GTT professionals provide broad based tax and accounting services to clients throughout the course of a given transaction.
The HR transaction tax practice is a specialty team within GTT, providing a broad range of human capital support to clients on both the buy and sell side of transactions. Our transaction advisors leverage both financial and technical experience in addition to operational and industry specific experience to identify and quantify issues that may impact the transaction or shape the transaction.
Typical engagements for the HR transaction tax practice include:
- Pre-acquisition human capital due diligence, with a focus on employee benefits and remuneration plans including defined benefit pensions, pre and post-retirement welfare plans, and equity compensation programs
- Review and implementation of HR cost savings and revenue enhancement solutions for corporate clients or private equity portfolio companies
- Divestiture support for non-core businesses, offshoring labor, or other restructuring changes impacting HR shared services and employment relationships
- Add-on transaction support for existing portfolio company bolt-on deals, as well as new country expansion or organization design changes.
We are seeking a Senior Director for the dedicated HR Transaction Tax position. A strong candidate would have 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years of exposure to transaction work. While candidates who have worked heavily with corporate clients on strategic deals will be considered, preference may be given to those who have previously worked with Private Equity clients.
An ideal candidate for the role would have both depth in a certain subject area, but also have broad experience across all facets of Human Capital that may impact the purchase price or transaction structure in a given deal. By way of example, a strong candidate would not only have provided M&A advisory services with regard to defined benefit pensions, but also covered other employee benefits or remuneration costs and risks during a transaction. A candidate with both depth and breadth across HR issues would have some level of experience in total rewards, talent & labor, HR operations, compliance & communications.
In addition to being a strong technician and project manager, we are seeking a candidate with both experience and interest in business development. The Senior Director will play a key role in sourcing new opportunities, leading consulting proposals, and managing client relationships.
Any considered candidate must have the ability and desire to balance client service and business development as part of their daily responsibilities and path for career development. At this time, consultants seeking a position limited only to client service, or alternatively candidates only interested in a sales & marketing role will not be considered.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead client engagements from inception to completion, subject to Managing Director review
- Analytic review of Human Capital issues on transactions
- Train junior staff on technical issues, project management, and consulting skills
- Extend to cover broad HR deal issues rather than just one subject matter area
- Lead interaction with key client contacts, as well as other advisory groups both internally and externally
- Participate on new client pitches and proposals, an integral member of the business development team
- Introduce other A&M services on existing engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, business, accounting, or finance.
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong analytic skills and working knowledge of tax and accounting implications of human capital issues
- Prior M&A experience, with particular focus on private equity clients
- Proven track record of business development activity
- Outstanding communication and project management skills
- Experience with mentoring junior staff, managing teams on multiple engagements, and training colleagues on technical issues
- Experience with international HR issues and cross-border deals is a plus
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...