United Technologies Corporation, a Fortune top 50 company is a dynamic global corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, security and fire protection as well as hydrogen fuel cell development.
The Systems department at the United Technologies Research Center has an open position in the area of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) at the level of Principal (L4) or staff scientist (L5).
The candidate is expected to interact with United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) Program Offices and United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to provide technical expertise in existing programs, create opportunities including the acquisition of contract awards, assist in setting strategic technical agenda, and provide leadership to efforts involving Human Computer Interaction design. Additionally this individual will be called upon to outline future business opportunities and to provide technological and business solutions in response to UTC business unit requirements.
Successful candidates should:
Additionally, the candidate must possess computational data visualization skills that can cull data to provide actionable information for decision making.
- demonstrate expertise in interface design and optimization to maximize user efficiency.
- possess a strong understanding of state of the art UI design tools, methodologies and best practices.
- be able to clearly articulate and implement technical requirements for desired UI functionality.
- identify strategic partners in academia and industry to develop HCI capabilities.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary, multinational team environment focused on innovation and be able to partner with leading, worldwide institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives. The candidate will have exceptional communication skills and must be able to provide timely, accurate and detailed reports, presentations and technical papers for archival journals.
Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, HCI, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience (post M.S. degree).
Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, HCI, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Statistics, or a related field. Industrial experience post degree would be a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience in data visualization of large data sets, providing actionable information for decision making.
- Record of technical contributions, including patents and/or publications in refereed technical journals.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; innovative strategic and technical thinker; high energy; team player.
- Demonstrated team leadership in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural industrial applications is a plus.
- 2 years ago - save job