Req ID 18472BR Job Title Human Factors Engineer Location MA,VA:Bedford or McLean Profession Engineering Department Code E543 Purpose Join MITRE, which was included on Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For listing for ten consecutive years, to design, code, and evaluate rich and effective user experiences for sponsors that range from the DoD to DHS to FAA. Security Clearance Level Secret Key Functions • Follow a user-centered design process
- Implement user interfaces and visualizations
- Apply HCI techniques and technologies to address sponsor challenges Required Education/Experience: BS Desired Education/Experience BS in Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Cognitive Engineering/Science or Psychology and 2 years of hands on user interface design and prototyping Required Skills: • Ability to conduct user interviews and observations and elicit requirements
- Ability to analyze existing systems and propose user experience enhancements
- Hands on software development, lab work, or part-time experience using C++ and/or Java
- A team player who knows how to work with diverse stakeholders Desired Skills • Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of workflow analysis and/or business process modeling methods
- Knowledge of and experience with graphics programming in Java3D, X3D, Direct3D, Java Swing, OpenGL or Web 2.0-oriented visualization technologies such as Ruby.
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- Experience with game engines and/or APIs
- Experience with mashup-related technologies
- Experience with multitouch and augmented reality technologies. Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10 % of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
washingtonpost.com - 17 months ago
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...