The Human Resources Assistant reports to the VP of Talent Management and performs a variety of administrative duties and general office support within the Talent Management and Operations Department. This entry-level position generally relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Support:
- Performs back up and relief receptionist duties
- Organizes and maintains personnel files in accordance with best practices
- Maintains apparel and supplies inventory
- Assists in the maintenance of personnel files in accordance with best practices. Maintains security and confidentiality of employee information. Maintains and updates various list and documents. May prepare reports, correspondence, memos and presentations of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, shipping pickups, ordering office supplies.
- Assists in the daily clean-up of common areas and assists in the administration office esthetics and housekeeping standards
- Performs various other duties equivalent in skill to job functions.
- Continually develops an excellent functional knowledge of employment laws and human resources administration.
- Assists in providing guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to management and associates. Assists in coordinating new employee orientation and training.
- May assist in the administration of policies and programs by provides clear, concise information regarding policies/procedures and benefits.
- Assists in conducting exit interviews to gather data that will help determine possible employment issues and opportunities for organizational improvement. Coordinates with management staff to clarify issues and assist in developing resolutions in areas of concern.
- Prepares and participates in various staff events by ensuring meeting spaces are set up and broken down properly.
- Assists in coordinating organizational cultural events and activities (e.g., birthday celebrations, All Staff Meetings, PB&J Days, etc.).
- Actively contributes to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Proactively assists in seeking ways to improve staffing and recruitment processes.
- Provides daily support and assistance with recruiting by coordinating the interviewing process (scheduling, testing, screening), and tracking applicant flow and related metrics;
- Assists in processing employee benefits, compensation and payroll;
- Ensures requisitions and job descriptions and other pertinent documents are available prior to recruitment activity. Assists in ensuring all pre-employment activities, e.g., background check, pre-employment testing, offer letter are completed in compliance with established practices and applicable law.
- Generates ad hoc reports such as monthly attrition/turnover reports, new hires/training reports, leave of absence, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree and one (1) to two (2) years office support and/or customer service experience desired, human resources experience a big plus. Directly related, hands-on work experience may be substituted for the education.
- Strong desire to work in the human resources profession.
- Ability to exercise discretion and work effectively in a team environment with diverse individuals both inside the organization and externally.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, e-mail, social media, copy and fax machines
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Eye for excellent administrative quality with demonstrated ability for detail and organization
- Highly confident with a predisposition and aptitude to think analytically and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Model the behaviors that demonstrate commitment to the KaBOOM! vision, mission, culture and values
- Demonstrated ability to make a favorable first and lasting impression to the public and represent the KaBOOM! brand.
The employee must have the ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct; the ability to handle stress, get along with others, and work in a cooperative and team oriented manner. Office days may involve sitting at a desk, using a computer and phone for up to 10 hours. Other job tasks will require movement around the office.
KaBOOM!, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard