Serve as the primary business partner for areas of the organizations. The HR Business Partner will provide operational and strategic HR consultation to assigned client groups and assist the HR Directors on the development, communication and roll-out of corporate wide HR programs. The HR Business Partner will be responsible for the assessment of HR initiatives to support business strategies, and will collaborate with the HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to develop and implement HR programs to meet business objectives. The position will provide comprehensive support in the areas of organizational effectiveness, talent management, executive and management coaching, employee relations, training and development, team development, and compensation.
Tasks and responsibilities:
1. Provides human resources support to assigned client groups to assist, guide, and direct business leaders, and align human resources solutions with business needs.
2. Ensure the alignment of assigned groups’ objectives with corporate objectives.
3. Assist in rolling out corporate-wide HR initiatives and programs to client groups-- including, but not limited to, the performance management, merit, annual equity, and the employee engagement survey processes.
4. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal team, where necessary, to ensure legal compliance and develop new policies, where required.
5. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to business leaders and managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions).
6. Works closely with business leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
7. Provides guidance and input on organizational restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
8. Identifies training needs for assigned groups, and either delivers directly or partners with the Talent Management team to deliver the trainings.
9. Prepares business analytics, as needed, to support organization and corporate needs.
10. Drives improved team performance through facilitation, organizational design, meeting management, communications, etc.
11. Leads development of core HR programs such as performance management and employee engagement survey as needed.
Preferred educational background:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field with a minimum of 5- 8 years of experience. A Masters degree is a plus. Experience in either a biotechnology, technology, medical device environment is preferred. Experience in regulated environments is also a plus.
Strong business acumen is essential to this person’s success. Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence managers is critical. Strong written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated capacity to effectively and practically communicate complex ideas and business concepts at all levels of the organization are required.
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...