In this new role, the HR Business Partner for Advantest America, Inc., will be engaged with client groups to provide HR support to leaders, managers and employees to gain understanding and knowledge of business issues and opportunities for employees located in the US, Canada and Costa Rica. In a partnering capacity, the HR Business Partner will educate, advise, and influence client groups' on issues involving (but not limited to) employee relations, employee development, compensation, performance management, change management, and employee engagement. The HR Business Partner will identify the cultural requirements and behavioral norms necessary to achieve business results.
In this highly collaborative role, the HR Business Partner will work closely with client groups, and regional and global HR teams to identify, design and implement HR initiatives that support the business needs of the organization.
Preferred Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- Provide organizations with appropriate advice and counsel on employee issues and ensure employment policies and procedures are consistently and equitably applied.
- Investigate employee issues and complaints in a timely, professional manner; respond to and resolve issues as appropriate.
- Partner with the HR Director, Americas to facilitate company culture alignment with recent acquisition, supporting global cultural initiatives.
- Drive regional performance management, including performance improvement plans, and global talent processes.
- Identify, recommend and implement regional organizational development and training programs that drive innovation and employee engagement.
- Provide analysis of organization health by analyzing trends in attrition and turnover, employee engagement, etc.
- Partner with HR leads in Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Benefits by providing feedback from client groups, generating new ideas, assisting with program development and implementation, promoting HR initiatives to the organizations.
- Take ownership of various projects, teaming with other HR and Advantest colleagues.
- Serve as a mentor to US HR colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrixed environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions
- Effective implementation of change management principles
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Experience working in a Japan headquartered, high-technology company
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to apply and create “best practice” solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiate and have a bias for thoughtful action
- In-depth experience in one or more core HR disciplines (Benefits, Compensation, Immigration, EEO/AAP, Learning and Development, etc.)
- BA/Masters or equivalent
- SPHR preferred
- PHR/SPHR-CA preferred
- Reports to the Director, HR America, Inc.
- Position located in Silicon Valley, CA (currently Cupertino, moving to San Jose in August)
Minimum Qualifications and Attributes
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of five years’ Business Partner experience within the semi-conductor or high-technology is preferred
- Demonstrated effective collaboration and teamwork
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating and managing conflict
- Demonstrated ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A driven, results-oriented professional with a sense of humor
Advantest - 21 months ago