The Human Resources Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing support to the Human Resources Department for all activities including but not limited to: administrative task, recruitment, benefits, compensation and employee activities. The ideal Coordinator is organized, flexible and detail oriented. A bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related discipline preferred. In addition, 1+ years of administrative experience and knowledge of human resources management principles and concepts is required. Previous experience in a human resources setting preferred.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and basic duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and basic duties.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department with a wide range of human resources needs.
- Field and properly channel employee and manager questions.
- Provide timely professional support to employees and managers regarding policies/procedures, FMLA, short-term/long-term disability benefits, unemployment and other company benefits.
- Perform HRIS data entry transactions such as promotions, transfers, leaves of absences and other related employee changes.
- Support various staffing, recruiting and new hire on-boarding activities.
- Oversee and/or assist in the coordination of all employee activities and events.
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Positively represent and perform in a manner consistent with the Company’s operating principles and values.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other team members within the department and throughout the organization.
- Any other responsibilities deemed essential.
- Regular and prompt attendance at work is a primary function and requirement of this position.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); or
- Bachelor degree in human resources management or related discipline preferred.
- One plus years of administrative experience; and
- Previous experience in a human resources setting preferred; and
- Knowledge of human resources management principles and concepts.
Certificates & Licenses
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Windows environment with the ability to learn new software and application.
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Excel. Must have the ability to perform functions such as creating a spreadsheet, formatting a spreadsheet, using the formula bar to perform various functions, importing/exporting documents, and calculating numbers.
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Outlook. Must have the ability to perform functions such as composing, sending, forwarding and replying to incoming e-mail, attaching computerized files, and utilizing calendar and task reminders.
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Word. Must have the ability to perform functions such as composing, editing, naming and saving documents, formatting text, and printing.
- PowerPoint – Basic level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as creating presentations, adding new slides, saving a presentation, and previewing a presentation.
- Internet Explorer or other web browsers – Basic level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as navigating through websites via hyperlinks and searching websites using various search engines and boomerang searches.
- Accurate 10-Key by touch, alphanumeric.
- Accurate typing skills, approximately 30 words per minute.
- General knowledge of how to use a calculator, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, printer, telephone and various standard office equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Neat and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient in intermediate mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and calculation of fractions, percentages, ratio, and measurements.
- Primary language used to perform this job is English.
Perfect 10 - 17 months ago