Full time position (1.0 FTE)
Location: Central Office
The Juneau School District, located in Southeast Alaska, is accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Director. The school district offers a wide and varied educational program to students in preschool through grade twelve. Our enrollment is approximately 4,800 students, with 680 certified and classified permanent employees. This is an exempt position, serves on the Superintendent's Cabinet and is not represented by a bargaining unit.
Position Summary : The Human Resource Director is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the personnel functions for the school district including staffing, hiring, advising principals and other administrators, policy administration, labor relations and record keeping for all certified and classified staff. Supervises four permanent human resource staff members.
Required Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited university.
- Three years of successful administrative experience, minimum.
- Experience in personnel and labor relations is desirable.
- Must have, or be eligible for, an Alaska Type-B administrative certificate.
Compensation : This is a 260-day contract; salary placement is based on creditable years of administrative experience and education. Juneau School District offers an excellent benefit package which includes an employer-sponsored health plan (medical, dental and vision), employer paid life insurance plan, membership in the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, and an optional, voluntary deferred compensation program is available.
- Demonstrated organization and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and mediation skills.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Desire to work as part of a progressive, innovative management team.
- Background and experience in contract negotiations and labor related hearings.
- Knowledge of teacher/staff evaluation systems.
- Broad knowledge of multiple human resource functional areas.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Effective time and work management skills.
- Able to promote continued improvement and efficiency in the human resource area and implement change in a smooth, orderly manner.
- Understanding of the job classification process in order to oversee and provide guidance for classification of non-certificated positions.
- Knowledge of the District's NCLB/highly-qualified program.
- Knowledge and ability to lead change efforts.
V isit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
- 20 months ago - save job