Build Your Future in the Shooting Sports
the power of passion
ATK Sporting Group is a portfolio-based consumer branded products company and is the leader in law enforcement, military/government and sport shooting ammunition. We are also a top supplier of firearms and accessories. ATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers delivering innovative, affordable and high quality products. We match the passion and intensity of our consumers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Headquartered in Anoka, MN, ATK Sporting Group employs approximately 5,000 people in 11states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico and across the world. ATK Sporting Group is headlined by industry-leaders Federal Premium®, Savage®, Bushnell® and BLACKHAWK! ® and is also made up of several other well known brands.
The Manhattan location is seeking an experienced HR Generalist to provide general human resources assistance to Production and other functional departments within ATK Sporting Group. This selected individual will work to design and implement HR strategies, programs and processes that deliver the people results required to meet business strategy and challenges.
- Work with functional leaders and their teams to ensure proactive identification of workforce needs and solutions.
- Coordinate and administer HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g. merit and promotion planning, performance management, career development, leave of absence, hiring, on-boarding, etc.).
- Consult managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret and summarize HR metrics to be used in demonstrating the impact HR has on the business and to identify areas for improvement.
- Independently coordinate and manage a variety of projects.
- Consults with line mgmt. providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day performance mgmt. guidance to line mgmt.-coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions
- Works closely with mgmt. and employees to improve work relationships, build employee engagement, increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Work with HR leadership to drive and influence cultural and organizational change
- Develop projects to support functional leaders in achieving organizational goals
, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business, or related field
- 5 – 8 years HR Generalist experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Solid conflict management skills
- Proven ability to influence and interact successfully with senior management
- Professional certification (PHR,SPHR or GPHR)
- Understanding of federal and state employment law guidelines and their application within the workplace (FMLA, Workers Compensation, AA, EEO, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to pull data, analyze, and format information, create spreadsheets, graphs, and charts
- Exposure to specialty areas e.g. recruiting, benefits, training/development, compensation
- Proven ability to provide verbal and written information clearly and succinctly
- Add experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID TS20141804-29183. Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Medical, HR Generalist, HR, Workers Compensation, Employee Relations, Healthcare, Human Resources
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...