Provides support and maintenance of RR Donnelley's Human Resource activities related to assigned employees/locations. Support assigned locations to ensure effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, organizational development, training, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed and how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
Responsible for guidance to all employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they relate to the Human Resource function
Effectively support and foster the company's Open Door Policy
Administer the employment function, which includes recruiting and screening of applicants, facilitating the use of any temporary employment agencies and managing the job posting system for internal/external candidates in accordance with company and legal guidelines.
Performs a variety of support tasks associated with payroll operations.
Assist in the development and implementation of all Strategic HR management programs (i.e. employee involvement, hiring, promotional practices, wages structures, and proactive employee relations)
Assist in managing Worker's Compensation Insurance issues, including making recommendations to facilitate the timely closing of claims.
Coordinate, facilitate and/or assist in all training activities within the facility (i.e. safety compliance, orientation programs, job knowledge, and leadership performances).
Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation programs.
Maintain all personnel records in accordance with EEO, privacy, and related requirements. Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and in assuring prompt and accurate updated information in the HRIS system.
Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience. Minimum of 2 years Human Resource experience including knowledge and exposure to basic employment laws.
2) Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
3) Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
4) Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
5) Basic knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development.
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...