This position is located in Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Mission: As a strategic business partner provide and development the talent and culture that enables us to provide the packaging solutions to improve the world in which we live. This position is located in Charlotte, NC with oversight of both the Charlotte and Greensboro, NC facilities.
Areas of responsibility: Labor relations, recruiting, staffing, performance management, compensation, benefits, safety, diversity, culture development, conflict resolution management, communication, training and development.
- Consult with Local, Divisional, and leadership on a variety of HR and business-related issues on both strategic and operational levels.
- Ensure all HR initiatives and goals are met in accordance with Corporate and Division objectives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans to develop employees
- Drive Culture initiatives that focus on engaging our employees and increasing employee engagement.
- Counsel, advise and train management on performance-based issues including corrective action plans, terminations, and severance agreements.
- Provide direction and coaching to the management team.
- Investigate employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and recommend appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Grievance resolution and labor relations
- Oversee the areas of employment, affirmative action, employee benefits, compensation, performance appraisal programs, personnel record keeping, unemployment claims and employee relations, training, HRIS for the Plant
- Manage affirmative action programs including writing, implementing, and providing training to management regarding AA goals. Manage compliance reviews.
- Develop recruiting strategies for hourly and salaried positions. Interview, select, and hire candidates. Promote, Retain , Recruit and Attract “A” players at all levels of the organization
- Identify and determine management training needs.
- Provide employee relations counseling and problem solving for managers and employees to ensure a productive work environment, remaining consistent with company values and policies and in adherence to state and federal regulatory law.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Regional HR Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources/related field or equivalent corresponding job-related experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources Management experience required.
- Previous experience in a union manufacturing environment.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- OSHA certification/Safety Management experience preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Experience in continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, 5s. Kaizen preferred,
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and governmental law.
This document describes the position currently available. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job. Management reserves the right to amend and/or change all elements of this job description to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. This document is not an employment contract.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging - 10 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...