Develop, promote and implement innovative HR solutions to meet business needs and increase organizational efficiency. Responsible for providing direction and assistance with employment, salary administration, payroll, benefits, performance management, employee relations, employment law and workforce planning.
- Provides advice and counsel to hourly and salary employees to maintain a positive, productive employment environment free of discrimination and inconsistencies. Monitor and provide feedback regarding policies, procedures and programs and propose improvements as necessary. Serve as liaison for voicing employee concerns.
- Coaches employees, supervisors and colleagues assisting them in problem resolution and to improve performance. Coach, advise and recommend corrective actions.
- Serve as liaison between Corporate HR and plant for escalation issues.
- Support line leaders to improve skills and effectiveness and to create an environment where each employee can fully contribute.
- Conduct annual training on Code of Business Ethics, Anti-Harassment, Anti-Discrimination, and other related HR Policies.
Staffing and Recruitment:
- Manages the process for temporary staff utilized in our facility. Acts as the company liaison with the staffing agency.
- Has oversight and involvement in all hourly hiring practices. Administers the hiring process for all employee groups. Supports salaried hiring process.
- Partners with the training team to support the on-boarding process and integration of employees.
- Represent facility in unemployment claims process.
- Monitor and report exit interview results.
- Manages the Performance Management system.
- Oversees the Payroll and Benefits functions.
- Assists in development or re-engineering of innovative processes and systems (Reward & Recognition, attendance, and other people programs).
- Provides reports to Site Leadership team on a regular basis or as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to Employment Law.
- Complies with and drives compliance with all HR and safety practices.
- Initiate actions within the HRIS and manages employee files.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention strategies.
- Directly involved in responsibilities /actions related to Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs.
- In the absence of the HR Manager, the daily responsibilities will be transferred to Production Manager, HR Coordinator or the Lumberton, NC HR Manager.
- Follow all Plant rules, Processes, Hygiene, and Allergens procedures, related to production of Safe Quality Foods.
- Report to person of authority to record any potentially unsafe conditions which may result in unsafe foods or noncompliance to SQF related procedures.
- Participate in SQF Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, SQF audits, validation, and verification activities) as required.
- Reporting of any customer complaints to persons responsible to enter into GPI’s Customer Complaint system for root cause analysis and appropriate corrective action taken.
- Follow all procedures related to producing Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Report any potentially unsafe SQF conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 5-10 years of HR Experience.
- Operational experience to enhance user / trainer interface
- Three – five years problem solving, project management, supervision, and technical writing experience.
- Computer Skills: SAP, MS Office, and database programs
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...