The primary role/accountability of this position is to provide leadership and HR consultant services as a strategic partner, working in liaison with the Division General Manager and functional support leaders with emphasis on organizational effectiveness, leadership development, talent planning, change management, and performance management. This role collaborates with Team Members on implementation of HR processes, providing strategic direction as well as tactical implementation of HR initiatives.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, Employment Law, and Diversity. Provide advice, interpretation, and counsel to management within the areas of policy, programs, and practice.
- Manage and mentor Operations Managers, providing development and supporting partnerships with Teammates.
- Provide advice and guidance to local leadership on the interpretation of HR policies as they relate to the Teammates and Company objectives.
- Work in partnership with GM and department heads in determining required people resources, training needs, and identification of leadership talent.
- Educate leadership in maintaining positive and union-free Teammate relations through planned programs for Teammate communication and leadership training.
- Manage the strategic plan for measuring, and building bench strength toward long-term succession goals.
- Monitor all compensation and wage administration programs for equity and consistency.
- Coordinate and communicate to Carrollton office all pre-separation actions greater than 90 days to ensure equity and consistency.
- Review and or create reports to ensure consistency with regard to guidelines and or company initiatives.
- Support and maintain the Open-Door process.
- Conduct audits of company practices and programs to ensure compliance.
- Manage worker’s compensation issues, identify problem claims and coordinate with necessary parties to provide resolution.
- Assist with budgeting process regarding training expenses, safety costs, employee benefits, and other planned employee related activities.
- Provide, review, and advise on revisions or additions to Company policy to meet business and people needs.
- Ensure division is following strategic calendar for scheduled DC activities that support Company Culture such as Business Updates, Safety Committees, and community involvement.
- Support annual merit and review process for both exempt and non-exempt groups. Conduct local wage surveys and make recommendations on adjustments.
- Conduct and coordinate EEO, OFCCP, and investigation support.
- Actively participate in Safety Committee meetings, providing leadership and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Have 7+ years of experience in all facets of HR.
- Experience recruiting Class A CDL drivers preferred.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Understand financial statements and resulting cost implications. Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Possess demonstrated knowledge of distribution systems, market, and competition preferred.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...