City: Idaho Falls
Postal/Zip Code: 83402
HK Contractors, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position in which the manager develops policies and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, and employee services by ensuring the following activities are accomplished.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include benefits management, affirmative action/EEO, recruitment, and training supervisory employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists region managers and division HR Manager with employee relations issues.
- Writes and communicates directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee benefits, etc.
- Assists Division HR Manager in collecting data for information requests.
- Manages Company Affirmative Action/EEO programs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Oversees Company recruitment and retention programs.
- Manages Job Description catalog.
- Must be familiar with benefits management and benefits education.
- Must possess working knowledge of medical leave programs: FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Oversee/Participate with Company career fairs, newsletters, orientation programs, and community relations.
- Oversees DOT and I-9 compliance.
- Manages online HR and Safety training program.
- Assists in administration of performance management systems, succession planning, and career development programs.
- Other duties as directed per supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
·Requires a bachelor’s degree in related area and/ or 3 -5 years of human resource experience in the field.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resources systems; payroll systems; PowerPoint software; Website applications, and Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the person is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Frequent travel to other site locations required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
HK Contractors is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 2000 locations and 39,000...