Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Human Resources Manager
As the Human Resource Manager you will provide strategic direction, support and coaching to management. Develop, recommend and implement human resource programs covering: Performance Management aligned with business needs, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Compensation and Benefits, and Employment and Labor Relations. Additionally as the Human Resource Manager you will assure compliance with company Human Resource policies as well as applicable federal and local laws and regulations. And maintain an employee relations program to foster open communications and obtain positive employee morale.
- Maintains Human resources staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities
- Accomplishes human resources staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by identifying and analyzing current circumstances; implementing organization development opportunities by supporting training programs and recommending new organization structure
- Improves employee satisfaction by identifying and responding to concerns; developing morale-building programs
- Maintains consistent actions across the organization by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing human resources policies and procedures; obtaining management buy-in on new programs; developing managers’ leadership skills
- Maintains organization compliance by identifying and enforcing legal requirements; providing training for completing requirements; submitting reports
- Sustains equitable compensation by designing and administering pay, benefits, incentive, and bonus programs
- Supports focus on job results by designing and maintaining a job-results planning, monitoring, and appraising program; training managers to focus on results
- Provides guidance to department managers and supervisors in resolving employee relations issues as it pertains to progressive disciplinary action
- Safeguard human resources records by establishing, controlling, and storing records management systems; maintaining employee confidentiality
- Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget; managing expenditures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; administering the system security; ensuring data accuracy and integrity; maintaining updated professional and technical knowledge; assuring systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensuring a safe and healthy environment
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications’ establishing personal networks; benchmarking practices; participating in professional societies
- Responds to unemployment claims and represents the company at personnel related hearings and investigations
- Complies with cGMP’s, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures
- Ensure an effective communication of the Job Descriptions to all personnel and included in training and personnel development programs, according to identified needs
- Work with the Management Team to develop and implement training initiatives to align with site Training Program and applicable regulations. Also responsible for maintaining accurate training files.
- Responsible for supporting EHS programs and initiatives
- Site Ethics Compliance Officer. Provides written summary and Quarterly Summary Reports.
- Considerable demonstrated skills in listening and communicating effectively with diverse individuals, groups; facilitating trust and understanding
- Provide Coaching, counseling and feedback skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Applies advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of the field
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field
- Master’s strongly preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification
- 2- 3 years HR Organization Development experience
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.