HR Generalist and Business partner to assigned client groups. Implement and oversee HR policies, procedures, and practices within assigned locations and specified groups, in U.S. and Latin America. Coordinate global-wide HR directives. Areas of primary focus include: recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation, HR legal compliance, HRIS, and Change Management. Serve as integral member of the U.S. HR team. Provide strategic input to the design and development of HR initiatives that support both global and local business objectives.
- Manage location-based recruitment in US and Latin America for exempt and non-exempt staff, including job description development, reference/background checking, adherence to internal job posting processes, new hire orientation, and exit interviews. Balance budgetary restrictions with vacancy costs
- Coach managers on effective employee relations resolution and performance management techniques to mitigate company risk while supporting business objectives; work with external legal counsel, as required
- Manage the ongoing implementation, communication and administration of Springer’s bonus program
- Assist in the coordination of international assignments
- Administer compensation policies, procedures, and programs; perform wage, salary, and bonus analysis, as required, to ensure market competitiveness
- Respond to requests for employee data; prepare Management reports as required
- Manage regulatory compliance requests/issues
- Assist in identification of staff developmental/training needs; oversee coordination of office training, and work with Management on succession planning issues
- Special projects
- Perform other related duties as required
Please apply using our online application system.
- B.A./B.S. degree with a minimum of five years' “progressive” HR experience preferred
- Broad HR Generalist background with a clear understanding of how HR can contribute to the bottom line performance of the organization
- Experience within a global organization; publishing or STM publishing industry preferred
- Prefer experience partnering with client groups such as Sales, Pharma, Accounting, Customer Service, Fulfillment, IT, Logistics, Office Services
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred; proficiency in Portuguese helpful
- Prior Immigration and visa processing experience preferred
- Strategic and innovative thinker; ability to gain the confidence of Senior Management and partner with them to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to influence all levels of staff
- Solid Project Management skills
- Prior experience with variable compensation/bonus programs
- Ability to manage and prioritize conflicting demands and work with high autonomy as well as meet tight deadlines
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements
- Able to analyze data and develop recommendations
- Ability and willingness to work the hours required to get the job done; ability to travel as required
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Prior experience using packaged HRIS, preferably Ceridian is a plus
Visit our web site at www.springer.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Springer Science+Business Media, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Springer - 9 months ago
Springer is one of the leading international scientific publishing companies and was founded in 1842. It is the second largest science, tech...