Our Human Resources activities support UBS's vision to be the choice of clients worldwide. We work closely with the business to recruit the exceptional people and develop the individual talent needed to support our clients' continued success and we help to foster UBS’s collaborative, respectful and performance-oriented culture.
This role sits within the IT HR team reporting to the team’s regional lead. This role is a dedicated HRM that focuses on the provision of operational HR solutions to clients in Stamford, New York and New Jersey. The individual acts as a local HR partner to clients in collaboration with specialist team colleagues in HR. The role delivers business area specific advice by establishing and maintaining client relationships at all levels within the relevant business areas. This person will have the opportunity to support many key global and regional initiatives currently being developed. In addition, this person will partner with and support a number of Global Business Partners to provide the HR guidance and expertise needed to support local clients effectively.
The HRM areas of HR expertise include: staffing and workforce planning (recruitment, including graduate recruitment, selection, skills upgrade and organizational capability, talent and succession planning), employee relations, learning and development, performance management and rewards/recognition. The HRM will work in partnership with HR specialists and HR Business Partners as well as the broader HR team. This role may be located in either Stamford, CT or Jersey City, NJ and will require travel between regional offices in the tri-state area.
- Determine client needs, ensuring that relevant knowledge from specialist teams is leveraged appropriately.
- Support change in client organization in line with business strategy and objectives.
- Participate in client team meetings to improve communication and relationship issues (e.g., team meetings, direct report meetings).
- Ensure delivery of HR core processes – PMM (performance measurement and management), Core Cycle, Talent Management.
- Market HR products, services and initiatives in collaboration with the Specialist and Service functions.
- Manage the termination process for voluntary and involuntary departures; work with Legal on evaluating and minimizing risk for these cases.
- Advise managers on international assignments including assignment justification and approval process, cost projections, and relocation process.
- Work with Campus Recruiting to support the firm’s graduate recruitment effort and partner with Professional Recruiting
- Work with line managers, Recruiting and the Compensation team to ensure competitive pricing of roles.
- Partner with Employee Relations and Legal to manage investigations, disciplinary and performance issues. Work with management to resolve employee relations issues and limit Bank exposure.
- Four year Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent).
- Minimum of 3-5 years Human Resources experience as a generalist and/or combination of time in specialist functions.
UBS - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland....