Client is looking for solid experience in recruiting in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical fields, an HR Generalist with an emphasis in recruiting, not just experience strictly in recruiting, as well as experience designing and delivering employee training and development programs.
The HR/Talent Manager is primarily responsible for the talent management function. This responsibility includes developing effective and creative sourcing strategies; building and maintaining a diverse pool of top talent; focusing on targeted recruiting, social media branding, employee onboarding, training and development needs, and retention; industry networking and building/maintaining relationships; managing the ATS; participating in employee relations issues; and other HR related tasks as needed. Recommends policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, and maintains related records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:These may include, but are not limited to:
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for some or all recruitment activities including: sourcing and posting of all positions on external and intra-company websites; advertising; sourcing and screening candidates; coordinating and scheduling interviews; and interviewing candidates.
- Works with hiring managers to identify critical top talent needs and target populations; strengthen talent pipeline; develop job descriptions for new positions; identify appropriate interview panels and interview questions; draft offer letters, assist with relocation and immigration matters, prepare and execute quick and efficient onboarding activities.
- Prepares and analyzes data to determine cost effectiveness of recruitment sources, turnover trends, cost per hire, and other staffing and retention data, as needed.
- Works with the Facilities Department to review and assign office resources and locations.
- Identify, develop and arrange appropriate training and development solutions for employees.
- Conduct follow-up analysis of completed training to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed.
- Develop trainer development programs and coach others involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities
- Answers questions regarding policies and procedures. Assists in resolving personnel-related problems.
- Maintains required employment data and ensures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulations.
- Practices discretion in handling confidential matters and possesses excellent interpersonal skills, tactful diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
- Maintains flexibility in handling multiple tasks and adjusting to tight deadlines with frequent interruptions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development, psychology, or related field. PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in a talent management or HR generalist role with solid experience in recruiting in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical fields.
- Work experience with social media tools and extensive knowledge of the recruitment lifecycle, networking and relationship building.
- Experience designing and delivering employee training and development programs.
- Prior management experience desired.
- Self starter who takes ownership of assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with candidates and at all levels within an organization.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to write job descriptions that meet legal requirements, recruitment ads and other employment related documents.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work both independently as well as in a team, with good organizational judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and positively influence all levels of employees.
Equipment: PC, scanners, facsimile machine, voice mail and e-mail systems, and common office machines or ability to be trained.
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems is strongly preferred.
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Intermittently answer telephone. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Limited travel may be required (< 5%).
Affinity Executive Search - 18 months ago
Established in 1989, Affinity is considered one of the most capable and dependable search firms in the country, regularly achieving a rank...