This position is responsible for supporting the HR Generalist team within NBA Human Resources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: providing administrative support to the HRG team, responding to employee inquiries and project assignments. The position will report directly to the Senior Director, Human Resources and will provide general administrative support for the Vice President Human Resources - International.
• Support general administrative activities for multiple HR Generalists in two office locations (NJ / NY), including meeting planning, travel and event planning and general correspondence for HRG team as directed.
• Coordinate and maintain heavy travel and meeting schedule for VP, Human Resources – International, including timely completion of expense reports.
• Assist with response and follow-up to employee inquiries regarding company policies/procedures as well as employee programs and services.
• Review, audit, update, copy, reconcile, and post Org Charts for multiple client groups.
• Process employee transactions (ie, terminations, transfers, supervisor changes, and promotions, etc.) including completion of paperwork and notification to applicable departments; work with HRIS team to ensure timely and accurate processing of all employee transactions.
• Coordinate the full-cycle exit process for regular employees.
• Coordinate the extension and exit process for project employees and supplemental staff.
• Assist with weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
• Maintain HR postings in all locations.
• Handle ad hoc projects and report requests as assigned.
General HR Responsibilities:
• Liaison with other employee support functions such as Benefits, Legal, Finance (Payroll, A/P, etc.), Information Technology, and Security.
• Partner with HR counterparts, such as International HRG Team, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Compensation/HRIS and Learning & Development, to provide superior client service.
• Assist with ongoing and special projects (i.e. Employee Appreciation Day, Corporate Day of Service, Take Our Children to Work Day, etc.).
• Organized, strong attention to detail, efficient
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven integrity in dealing with confidential situations and information
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Excellent client service and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer proficiency including, preferred knowledge of PeopleSoft and Lotus Notes, and highly skilled in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel)
• Excellent research skills
• Strong interest and desire to learn Human Resources policies and procedures
• Excellent follow-up skills
• Team player approach and demeanor
• Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in an HR support role
Educational Background Required
• College degree with foundation in Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology or Communications preferred
NBA - 13 months ago
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...