Atlas Roofing Corporation is a privately held, multidivisional corporation dedicated to the production of quality roofing and construction products sold throughout North America. We are seeking a Human Resources & Safety Manager for our Daingerfield, TX plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles, prepares and distributes Employee Handbook which includes plant specific programs, such as Attendance, Drug and Alcohol Policy, Plant Rules and Regulations, Accident Reporting, etc.
- Pre-screens and interviews all new and prospective employees.
- Assists with new employee orientation for new employees (hourly and salary).
- Administers benefit programs including Medical, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life, Principal, etc.
- Maintains and controls employment records.
- Maintains and controls employee medical files.
- Assists Plant Manager and department heads in maintaining day-to-day union management relationships to improve morale and assist management in carrying out leadership responsibilities.
- Responds to unemployment claims, union grievances and any federal and state agencies dealing with employee matters.
- Assists in the determination and identification of plant training needs.
- Investigates various training options and set up training schedules as required.
- Counsels employees as required.
- Oversees the safety shoe and safety glass reimbursement program..
- Maintains professional relationships with employees and community, union representatives, and various organizations to assure company goodwill.
- Prepares for and assists in labor contract negotiations.
- Compiles information and prepares reports and records.
- Serves as Team Leader for the plant safety initiatives.
- Maintains the OSHA Log 300.
- Prepares, sends and corresponds on all accident reports with insurance representative.
- Investigates incidents resulting in injury or damage to company property.
- Conducts regular housekeeping inspections and OSHA audits to ensure safe work conditions.
- Performs periodic safety inspections and audits to promote continuous compliance with OSHA requirements and to reveal unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Conducts accident/injury investigations and works with HR manager to complete all legally required documentation and records.
- Maintains all safety program-related records, manifests and associated files, including Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Coordinates with corporate safety personnel to ensure all plant deadlines and compliance issues are addressed timely.
- Provides technical assistance and feedback to management and production staff regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Oversees Employee Personal Protection Equipment Program and provides assistance to employees in designing and implementing ergonomically safe working environments.
- Ensures all OSHA required training and programs are complete, up to date, and recorded.
- Serves as plant contact with all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies.
- Occasional supervision of office personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Human Resource Management or business related discipline desired.
- PHR or SPHR strongly desired.
- 5-10 years in the plant environment helpful.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Atlas® Roofing Corporation is an innovative, customer-oriented manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials. Atlas has...