Under general supervision, to perform a variety of human resources analytical and professional services in the administration of personnel functions including recruitment, examination, and classification.
The current vacancies are in the Employee Services Agency, Human Resources Division. However, the list established will be used for other vacancies within the County as they occur.
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org. Computers are available at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 8th Floor, East Wing, San Jose, CA 95110, during normal business hours, for applicants to apply online.
All qualified applications will be subject to a preliminary competitive review. It is critical for applicants to submit the online application, resume, and responses to the supplemental questionaire. Applications received without these items will be rejected.
This classification is distinguished from the generic Management Analyst classification in that it specifically performs assignments involving the administration of human resources. Incumbents are expected to function with a high degree of independence in defining problems and developing recommendations.
- Prepares recruitment plans, examination announcements and other material for publicizing job opportunities in the County service; speaks with individuals and groups to interest them in applying for County employment;
- Develops classification concepts based on studies; prepares complete class specifications and recommends on the adoption or review on of class specifications;
- Analyzes duties and responsibilities in accordance with recognized practices to determine job content for purposes of examination development, position classification, compensation;
- Interviews incumbents, supervisors, and management personnel and determine and/or recommend appropriate allocation of positions;
- Reviews job descriptions, obtains background, occupational and job information;
- Interview employees and recommends allocation or reallocation of positions to appropriate classes;
- May make recommendations on staffing levels, organizational relationships and analyses;
- Discusses revisions with concerned departmental representatives;
- Audits individual positions;
- Gather, tabulates and analyzes data required in the maintenance or revision of the compensation plan;
- Makes studies of internal class relationships for compensation purposes;
- Prepares recommendations on salaries and related compensation matters;
- Reviews applications for examinations; conducts job analyses for validation of examinations;
- Analyzes requests and assignments related to organizational structure, salary levels, classification, examining procedures and other human resources functions;
- Develops and evaluates alternative methods for solving human resources issues and prepares reports of findings and recommendations for solutions;
- Develops new or revised job descriptions based on classification studies;
- Gathers, tabulates and analyzes salary and benefits data; recommends maintenance or revision of the salary structure;
- Develops and validates examinations; constructs items for written tests in accordance with recognized principles; assists in designing other selection devices;
- Plans and conducts recruitment activities; analyzes staffing requirements and applicant sources; develops publicity and advertisement campaigns;
- Confers with department officials on classification, compensation, recruitment and other human resources matters;
- Represents the County in meeting and conferring with recognized employee organizations;
- Consults with departments regarding use of appropriate personnel policies and procedures;
- May prepare training materials for employee development and conduct trainings in personnel-related matters;
- Reviews departmental requests and inquiries and determines steps necessary for disposition;
- May serve in a staff capacity for a variety of committees; prepares reports, correspondence and statistical materials;
- May be assigned Disaster Service Worker duties, as required; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
County of Santa Clara - 13 months ago